When life gives you lemons, read facts about Nate Shenk!
- I must post 11 things about myself.
- Answer the questions asked by the tagger (Laura).
- I must tag 11 other bloggers to continue the game.
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers I then tag to answer.
- Inform each blogger that I have tagged them.
- Post the rules for the tagged bloggers to follow.
The scary thing is that I’m not sure if shenkitup.com will be able to compete with Laura’s humorous list she created. Laura is an amazing, young teacher who makes me feel like there’s hope for America’s public school system.
Her blog is extremely interesting and, more importantly, funny as heck.
Please remember that this is the first time I’ve ever done anything like this on shenkitup.com…so, if it sucks; just know that I tried my very best.
Put that in your back pocket and save it for when you feel like bein a hater!
The 11 Questions Asked by Laura Sauer:
1. Would you rather have your eyeballs stabbed out or your toenails ripped off?
Definitely my toenails. I don’t use them for anything too important like I do my eyes, plus I think they’re infected anyways.
Hmm…since I’m a boy and there are no other alternatives, I’m going to have to go with Ryan Gosling. I wouldn’t mind him reading me letters at the nursing home.
3. If you could change one thing about your body, what would it be?
Downsize by a few inches…I know this will drive people crazy, BUT I wish I could be like 6’1” instead of 6’4”…I am grateful that I’m tall, but I think it’s a bit much.
4. What’s your dream job? Have the guts to pursue it?
My dream job is to be a photographer for National Geographic and live in either South/Central America, or Africa. I would have the guts, but I don’t have the credentials. So…yeah…there’s always blogging!
5. Who’s your favorite author?
Ahh this is so hard and definitely changes somewhat, but I really love Alexandra Fuller. Her writing is intense, different and she grew up in Africa so I automatically love her.
Who did you (or would you have) vote for in the last election? KIDDING.
Do you vote?
I vote and wish that all of my friends did, but that’s not fun. Drinking beer is fun.
7. Whose mouth would you like to tape closed first: Nancy Grace or that horrible, horrible chick who might not actually be human…what’s her name?…oh, Ann Coulter?
I feel like you (Laura) did this just to tease me since we all know I’m the only conservative in the blogging world. Nancy Grace because she’s the girl in high school who was obsessed with starting drama and then never grew out of it.
8. What was your favorite class in high school?
Probably my art class, since it got really exciting when my teacher was arrested for multiple felonies after she slept with students.
Going with friends to get drinks, meeting up at someone’s apartment, or going dancing all country like, y’all! Ha…mostly kidding about the last part.
10. Do you consider yourself a knitter? Scrapbooker? Other domestic god/goddess?
Hmm…apparently not only am I the only Republican, but the only man-blogger as well. I don’t knit, or Scrapbook, but I do grill so damn well that it will blow your socks off. So that’s something, right?
11. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the least and 10 being the most, how much do you hate my questions (and/or me)?
You= -1 Your Questions= 10
I just realized this isn’t even over yet! I still have to say 11 random things about myself…ugh a girl must of created this blog game fml.
11 Super Cool Things About Nate Shenk:
1. One time, when I was around 4-years-old, I left in the middle of a Sunday church service to use the bathroom and never returned.
When I entered the restroom, relieved Mother Nature’s call and attempted to go back, I was shocked to find out that the heavy bathroom door was too heavy and big for me to open.
I was trapped inside the bathroom until a family friend (who I was sitting with) came looking for me because I was gone for so long. Needless to say, I was upset and teary-eyed when released from the bathroom prison.
2. My favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids.
3. I love turtles and, when I was a kid, loved them so much that I caught 19 of them in the woods and got my dad to make me a pen for them in the back yard. No, I didn’t have many friends…shut it.
4. I rescued a kitten from a field over a year ago and am now stuck with a psychotic, half-wild cat/mountain lion.
5. Growing up, I played soccer and baseball. Now I just play video games…it’s pretty sad.
6. I recently got a new, full-time “real” job so that pretty much makes me a big boy now.
7. One time, when I was a sophomore in college, my dormmate did/sold cocaine (among other things) and the day I found out was the day the cops showed up at our door. I was lying on my bed studying for a biology test when the cops rudely interrupted me.
It’s really hard to study while you’re in hand cuffs, watching your room get torn apart by cops. Thankfully, my roommate had a heart and told the cops that none of it was mine.
They didn’t take me jail, but he was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance :(. Crack is whack.
8. My favorite color is black.
9. In the near future, I plan on moving to New Zealand (where my mum is from) and spending at least three months there. Then I’ll be able to boast about how I’ve lived on three different continents.
10. I very rarely cry. Not because I’m a boy and think that’s inappropriate, but because I just don’t cry. If you see me crying, you should probably run in the other direction.
11. I have ADHD and get my feelings hurt when people tell me that it’s my choice to be hyper, think differently, or not be a pro at studying.
And there you have it! 11 super cool things about myself that hopefully entertained you and are not facts that could possibly assist any identity thief out there trying to steal my stuff.
They say it’s not even smart having a Facebook, which is why I gave up protecting myself from identify thieves when I was 13.
I mean, don’t be dumb about your credit card numbers, or social security but not having a Facebook? Are they crazy, or something?
The bloggers tagged who are now REQUIRED (by Federal law)
to do what I just did are as follows:
Kathy from My Dishwasher’s Possessed
Bethanie from Tea and Cathedrals
Annie from Annie Off Leash
Monica from monicastangledweb.com
Pamela from hartsbeat.com
Jani from janiswings.com
The 11 Questions for the Tagged Bloggers:
1. What is your best response to people who criticize your writing?
2. What country (other than America) would you like to live in?
3. Do you think rap music should be considered music?
4. What TV show do you watch that you’re embarrassed to admit to?
5. Would you rather be trapped on an island with Oprah, or Nancy Pelosi?
6. Do you believe that the world will end on December 21st? If so, what do you plan to do on December 20th?
7. Most embarrassing moment that you’re no longer embarrassed about?
8. Do you believe that the government should legalize marijuana? (hehe you don’t have to answer, I just wanted to mix things up a bit). If you don’t want to answer that, do you believe that the legal drinking age should go back to being 18? Or 16, like it is in Germany?
9. What would be the first thing you purchased after winning $300 mil in the lotto?
10. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when I say Lady Gaga?
11. How many siblings do you have? Would you of liked more, or less?
If you weren’t tagged, don’t worry about being missed because I’m saving you for next time when I have an even more annoying post to tag you in muwahaha. Have fun guys hehe!