We all would like to look smart, so here’s a little help with that.
Maybe you’ve been in an awkward position where you wished you could think of something to say to look smart, but all that came to mind was something about your mother.
Well, the next time that happens, use one of these facts to, not only have something to say, but sound smart while saying it. Out-fact that annoying guy at the party with these 10 facts:
1. The overall life expectancy at birth, in Swaziland, is 31 years, according to the 2011 CIA World Factbook. If you’re at a party with a lot of activists, this is the fact for you. Just be sure to have something else to say, or you might end up way over your head.
2. 10% of Americans can trace their heritage back to the Mayflower. This little fact could be used in retaliation to that annoying fact guy at the party, or just make you look like you know your history, albeit pointless history, it’s something.
3. The Pentagon’s number 1 enemy: rust. The Department of Defense will spend $115 billion over the next 5 years combating rust, which is around $1,000 per person, per year. Hmm…if you can figure out how to eliminate rust, you’ll be richer than Bill Gates.
4. The higher your IQ is, the more dreams you will have. The next time someone says “I never have any dreams.”
Tell them this fact and instantly become a bigger douche than a high school jock. I’d bet money that Snooki doesn’t have a lot of dreams…
5. The Ryan Plan (proposed remake of medicare) would save $285 billion by the year 2030 and cut $6.2 trillion from Obama’s proposed spending plan over the next 10 years.
Over the age of 54: You won’t be paying more. Under the age of 54: You’ll pay more of your medical care, once you’ve retired. Just be careful when you use this one, someone might take it as an invitation to have a political debate, and that could get ugly.
6. Crocodiles can live for a year without eating, because they are cold blooded. I used to tell my sister she was cold blooded, but she ate way more than once a year, if you know what I mean…kidding.
7. 91% of Americans use cell phones, which means there are a total of 285 million subscribers (2009). That’s a lot of cell phones…no wonder the bees are dying.
8. 70% of the average casino’s income is from slot machines. Cha-Ching.
I met this older lady at a gas station once, she told me that, if I ever went to Los Vegas, I shouldn’t waste my money on slot machines, because they were rigged.
She then went inside and spent half her paycheck on scratch off lottery tickets, but she was probably right about the slot machines.
9. Bugs are attracted to light because they are positively phototactic. I bet you’d be surprised to know that roaches are negatively phototactic, but roaches don’t really count as bugs, they’re minions of Satan.
10. One-third of all U.S. aid goes to Israel and Egypt. The U.S. also gave $20 billion dollars to Pakistan since 2002…I wonder if they’d give us a refund?
11. This post about facts is over. Fact.
Did these ten facts make you feel smarter? Do you think they will make you look smart? No?
At least you weren’t wasting your time watching The Jersey Shore…there are no facts on that show to make you look smart. I promise you that.
Photos by Der beste Fotograf von Deutschland.: Maximilian Motel